Circular Economy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Circular Economy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics (P&SP), a business unit of Dow (NYSE: DOW), which combines core strengths of R&D, worldwide reach, broad product lines and industry expertise to deliver high-performing technologies for end-use markets in food packaging, personal hygiene, infrastructure, consumer goods and transportation, and is a leading innovator and collaborator across the value chain on sustainable application development and circular economy life-cycle design for plastics.
- Sustainability & EPR: ‘Future of Packaging’ in The TimesPackaging, Sustainability & EPR: Articles for report in ‘The Times’ newspaper look at how the industry tells its story and new regulations.
- FMCG and retail giants back £1M fund for flexible plastic recyclingNews: Bringing Flexi Back! Five of UK’s biggest names in branded FMCG come together to form £1M Flexible Plastic Fund to boost recycling.
- Packaging Tax: ‘Future of Plastics’ in The TimesPlastic Packaging Tax: Article for report in ‘The Times’ newspaper asks whether UK Government is doing enough to stem the tide of pollution.
- Second-life battery solution for circular EV chargingNews: Innovative circular solution for EV charging reuses old electric car batteries for second-life renewable energy storage in Sweden.
- How to kick-start circular food systems in the cityNews: New platform and practical handbook launched to equip cities worldwide with tools to kick-start circular economy through food systems.
- New centre to drive Circular Revolution in WalesNews: Pioneering hydrogen car manufacturer launches Circular Economy Innovation Centre for Wales to help business go circular in practice.
- Jet fuel from waste plastic brings clean air travel step closerNews: Clean air travel breakthrough, as alternative to kerosene jet fuel slashes carbon emissions and helps tackle problem of plastic waste.
- World’s most sustainable glass bottle created in biofuel trialNews: Pioneering net-zero tech, world-first trial makes most sustainable bottle from 100% recycled glass, using ultra-low-carbon biofuels.
- Circular economy strategies can cut global emissions by 39%News: Circularity Gap Report reveals efficient resource consumption can save 22.8 billion tonnes of carbon and help avoid climate breakdown.
- Plant-based food for homeless and vulnerable in VeganuaryNews: Europe’s fastest-growing plant-based food brand donates over 1,000 meals to UK food charity to help Londoners in need during Veganuary.
You can check out the full archive of past Circular Economy posts on SustMeme here.