Climate & Energy Channel: News & Views
Latest news and views on the topic of Climate & Energy — brought to you straight from the Editorial Desk of SustMeme and published in association with a leading Sponsor Partner*.
- For details of how to support independent journalism by becoming an Editorial Partner and SustMeme Channel Sponsor, including rates and benefits, please click here.
- Guest Blog: Can private money save the Green Climate Fund?Governments are failing on funding pledges: Kelly Hunte asks is it time the Green Climate Fund turned to the private sector and philanthropy?
- Lithuania to move beyond biomass in record energy transitionNews: Lithuania is undergoing an energy transition at record speed, with ambitions now to move beyond biomass, towards solar and heat pumps.
- Ocean X Prix: Extreme E comes to the coast of SenegalNews: Extreme E arrives in Dakar, on the Atlantic coast of Senegal, with teams like ABT CUPRA XE racing to raise climate awareness worldwide.
- Guest Blog: Is the new Climate Goal just smoke and mirrors?With Climate Goal funding up for review, Kelly Hunte asks whether access will get easier for developing countries, like small island states.
- Giant iceberg the size of Los Angeles breaks off AntarcticaNews: Radar images from space show how a giant iceberg, almost the size of Los Angeles, broke away from the Brunt Ice Shelf, in Antarctica.
- Hydrogen first for Belgium with commercial-scale CHPNews: In a first for Belgium, commercial-scale hydrogen cogeneration plant will be used to fuel an industrial site in Doel, outside Antwerp.
- Zero-emission ship design unveiled as ‘Tesla of the Seas’News: Innovative zero-emission ship design could help cut carbon from global fleet of 37,000 vessels, responsible for 3% of world CO2.
- World’s first ‘entech’ net zero trailblazer launched in LondonNews: Energy technology research house launched in UK to create and openly share models and policy ideas for net zero green energy future.
- Ageing dams pose growing threat made worse by climate changeNews: By 2050, most people will live downstream of tens of thousands of large ageing dams operating at or beyond their original design life.
- Energy transition investment hits $500 billion for first timeNews: Record investment of over half a trillion dollars committed to decarbonisation worldwide in 2020, despite disruption from COVID-19.
You can check out the full archive of past Climate & Energy posts on SustMeme here.
You can view the SustMeme Top 500 global ranking of Influencers in Climate & Energy here.